This is the Divine Mercy Shrine in El Salvador, Misamis Oriental. It’s just 30 minutes away from Cagayan De Oro City. The shrine stands 50 ft tall on top of hill surrounded by flower garden with a total land area of 11.8 hectares. It’s a solemn place to pray and meditate.
This is a project of the Archdiocese of Cagayan de Oro which cost around Php 65M. Half of its amount is donated by Adaza family and the other half is from benefactors in Poland and the Archdiocese of Cagayan de Oro.
Divine mercy shrine Mass schedule:
Mon-Fri 3:30 pm – 4:30pm
Sat 8am-9am/ 4pm-5pm
Sun 10am-11am / 3pm-4
How to get to Divine Mercy Shrine in El Salvador, Misamis Oriental?
1. Domestic flights to Cagayan de Oro City via Cebu Pacific, Air Philippines, Philippine Airlines and Zest Air.
– From the airport, you can rent a car or have a package deal with taxi’s.
– Cagayan de Oro Airport is just along the hi-way so you can also ride via Jeepney for cheaper expenses.
Ride a Lumbia Jeep going to Carmen for 16 pesos fare. From Carmen, you can ride a route going to Bulua Terminal for 8 pesos. From Bulua Terminal you can ride a jeep going to El Salavador, just ask the driver to drop you off to El Salvador Divine Mercy corner road and ride a Habal-habal [Single public motorcyle]
2. Sea Travel via Super Ferries, Trans-asia and Gothong Lines.
– From Pier, you can ride a taxi to go directly to the Divine Mercy Shrine in El Salvador.
– Via Jeepney. Ride a Jeepney or Sikad going to Gaisano Mall. From Gaisano Mall you can ride a route going to Bulua Terminal and from Bulua Terminal you can ride a jeep going to El Salavador. Same, just ask the driver to drop you off to El Salvador Divine Mercy corner road and ride a Habal-habal [Single public motorcyle]
3. People from South, like Iligan, Zamboanga, etc.
– You can Ride a Bus like Rural transit and just stop at El Salvador Divine Mercy corner road.
Note: Fare may vary for from the latest regular fare.